Did you know heart disease is a women’s greatest health threat? In fact, cardiovascular diseases claim the lives of 1 in 3 women. Yet 80% of these cases may be prevented through education and healthy lifestyle changes.
Ladies, it’s time to prioritize your health. Join Go Red for Women and Baptist Health in an initiative to keep healthy living, interesting and fresh! Join the Go Red, Get Fit Jax challenge today and begin a healthy lifestyle journey that positively impacts the way you look and feel, inside and out!
“Go Red, Get Fit Jax is about empowering the entire city of Jacksonville to prioritize their health. This fun and interactive challenge will help people from all walks of life to get started with one healthy lifestyle change to help lower their risk of cardiovascular disease.” – Nicole B. Thomas, Hospital President of Baptist Medical Center South and 2020 Go Red for Women Chair
Lowering your cardiovascular disease risk starts with making ONE lifestyle change. Pick a goal that fits your lifestyle and pledge to start making the change today. From now through May 2020, we will offer you customized tips to achieve your goal.
1. Know Your Numbers - You can’t manage what you don’t measure. Knowing your risk of cardiovascular disease starts with knowing your numbers - blood pressure, cholesterol, blood sugar or BMI.
2. Get Active - Set of goal of 150 minutes of moderate-intensity (or 75 minutes of vigorous intensity) activity every week.
3. Lose Weight - When you shed extra fat and unnecessary pounds, you reduce the burden on your heart, lungs, blood vessels and skeleton.
4. Live Smoke Free - Cigarette smokers have a higher risk of developing cardiovascular disease. If you smoke, quitting is the best thing you can do for your health.
5. Break up with Salt - Extra sodium in your diet causes your blood pressure to increase, which increases your cardiovascular disease risk.
6. Stay Hydrated - Keeping the body hydrated helps the heart more easily pump blood through the blood vessels to the muscles.
7. Eat Better - A healthy diet is one of your best weapons for fighting cardiovascular disease. When you eat a heart-healthy diet, you improve your chances for feeling good and staying healthy - for life!
8. Manage your Stress - Your mind deserves better than to be loaded down with the never-ending job of worrying. Long-term activation of your body’s stress response system, can lead to many health troubles.
9. Sleep Your Way to Whole Body Health - Studies have found that most people need six to eight hours of sleep each day and that too little or too much can increase the risk of cardiovascular problems.
Sign up today!
Share your progress with us on social media using #GoRedGetFitJax
Need more information? Please contact Allison Gubitz
at firstname.lastname@example.org or (904) 903-5217
Friday, May 15, 2020
10:30 am Registration & Exhibits
12-1 pm Luncheon and Survivor Showcase
Florida Blue Conference Center
4800 Deerwood Campus Parkway
Jacksonville, FL 32246
Event Sponsorship Inquiries
American Heart Association
ATTN: First Coast Go Red
7751 Baymeadows Rd E, Ste 106
Jacksonville, FL 32256